Baihang (百行征信), the only licensed consumer credit reporting agency mainly targeting alternative lenders, has reached data sharing partnerships with more than 120 companies in internet finance and traditional consumer finance sectors. (link in Chinese)
Baihang would collect and process data submitted by partners and in turn provides access to its credit information database and other “value-added” services.
Before the establishment of Baihang earlier this year, major Chinese lenders that offered loans online largely relied on their in-house developed credit screening systems which take alternative data from both their own sites and third-party vendors into account.
The first batch of 15 companies to get integrated onto Baihang’s platform are mainly online lenders.
Here’s the list,
Established internet companies
- Chongqing Baidu Micro-credit, Du Xiaoman (度小满), the internet finance arm of search giant Baidu.
- Chongqing Xi’an Micro-credit, Didi, the leading transportation network company which also extends credit to both drivers and users on its ride-hailing app.
- Chongqing Sankuai Micro-credit, Meituan, the leading platform for local services and food delivery that also extends credit to both merchants and users of its mobile app.
Online consumer financing providers
- Yirendai (NYSE: YRD), a major online peer-to-peer lending platform.
- PPDAI (NYSE: PPDF), a major online peer-to-peer lending platform.
- Fenqile, LexinFintech (NASDAQ:LX), a leading online retail installment sales platform.
Licensed consumer finance companies
- MUCFC, the online consumer finance JV between telco China Unicom and China Merchants Bank.
- Mashang Consumer Finance (马上消费金融), which offers consumer loans through in-house developed mobile apps and also third-party mobile services like Alipay and the three telcos.
- Chongqing Suning Micro-credit, Suning Financial Services, the finance arm of retail giant Suning.
- Home Credit Consumer Finance, the China operation of Czech consumer finance company Home Credit.
- Zhongyuan Consumer Finance
Auto finance companies